Board position Youth Trustee (under 27)
We have some fantastic opportunities to get involved in a vibrant and expanding national organisation working to make Aotearoa a safer place for rainbow young people.
We currently have three youth trustee roles (for people under the age of 27) available. At least two of these roles will be given to Māori or held open until a suitable Māori applicant applies, as part of our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and ensuring tangata whenua are represented in our governance.
InsideOUT Kōaro is currently seeking to diversify its board and strengthen our commitment to making sure folks from different cultures, religions, backgrounds, and identities are represented across our organisation under our obligations to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We welcome applications from all folks who match our application requirements but will be prioritising applicants from Māori, Pasifika, or migrant communities and backgrounds.
Applicants in Wellington are preferred, however we will consider committed applicants from anywhere in Aotearoa. Read the information below to see if it’s right for you!
Youth Trustees (under the age of 27)
The general role of a board member is to support the following processes:
• Set and maintain vision, mission and values, and develop strategy
• Establish and monitor relevant policies and procedures
• Ensure moral and legal compliance and accountability with relevant organisations
• Maintain proper fiscal oversight
• Select, manage, and support staff in their roles, and evaluate performance• Maintain effective board performance through member conduct and utilising development
• Promote InsideOUT as ambassadors and work to protect the reputation of the charity
• Be familiar with the strengths and challenges that sexuality, sex and gender minority
youth in Aotearoa face
• Work as part of the team to honour our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• Represent the organisation in an official capacity as required
• No experience required, however knowledge of InsideOUT and the structure of
governance boards would be an advantage
• Contribute to the vision, mission, and values of InsideOUT
• Regular meeting attendance (Hours per month – 6 -15)
The ongoing commitments are:
• Attending a three hour board meeting at a set time monthly (usually 6-9pm on the second
Tuesday of each month)
• Attending occasional additional meetings throughout the year eg. strategic planning days,
• Allowance for meeting one on one or in sub-committees with board members or staff as needed
• Approximately up to one hours worth of responding to board business via e-mail weekly
1142 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here