Full-Time Youth Advisor
We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Advisor to join our team at YOUth INSPIRE.
The role is full time and is based in Lower Hutt.
YOUth INSPIRE is a not-for-profit trust that provides meaningful and successful pathways into education, training and employment for rangatahi between the ages of 18-24. This is grass roots mahi where you can genuinely make a difference.
Our Youth Employability Programme has successfully transitioned a number of rangatahi into employment and our Road Ready Rangatahi Driving School provides courses for Learner, Restricted and Full Driver Licenses.
You will need to be relatable to our rangatahi and have worked in a professional capacity for at least four years with proven practical skills and knowledge that will help our rangatahi transition into the world of work. You may have experience in recruitment, training or education, or you may be passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Key skills required:
• Confidence to facilitate programmes to youth
• Has proven ability to work collaboratively within a team
• Can identify and address the barriers for youth, which will enable them to enter the workforce, education and training
• Able to teach and support youth with CV and cover letter writing, as well as how to job search and apply for jobs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Accurate record keeping
• Excellent co-ordination skills
• Proven ability to build strong relationships – you will work with local high schools, stakeholders and community organisations
• Effective time management – you can effectively prioritise your work and meet timeframes
• High levels of confidentiality
• Resilience and the ability to see past objections to identify underlying issues
• Technology savvy – you are comfortable using a range of office systems and tools
If you are solutions focussed and action-based we want to hear from you.
You must have your own vehicle, undertake a Police check and have a full driver licence – please do not apply if you will not meet these criteria.
Applicants for this position must also have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close Tuesday, 23 February 2021. To apply please send through your CV with a covering letter telling us why you are interested in this role. Send to: [email protected]
For a Job Description please go to www.youthinspire.co.nz
414 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here