Part-Time Wellbeing & Community Facilitator
Overview of MIX
MIX is a community based activity centre for people with mental health needs.
We support the recovery process for people with mental health needs in a supportive, safe, non-threatening facilities, offering pursuits that enrich and empower people’s lives. MIX runs wellbeing, community and arts programmes to support mental health recovery.
Title: Wellbeing & Community Facilitator
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt
Hours: 24 hours over the week. Flexibility on days and times, however must be able to work Tuesdays 9am – 3pm and Fridays 9.30am – 3pm.
For this role, you will need to be:
• Qualified to Level 4 in Health & Wellbeing or equivalent.
• Comfortable with learning and working quickly depending on what happens on the day.
• Passionate about and able to communicate with a broad range of people, including those who may be vulnerable, struggling in their lives, or with minimum literacy.
• Experience in working with people who have mental health needs (includes own lived experience).
• Strong facilitation skills – experience of developing and delivering short, intentional workshops.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to talk to a wide range of individuals.
• Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good resilience and knowledge of own self-care.
• Develop, deliver and evaluate the recovery focused Wellbeing & Community day activity and support programme.
• Support the promotion of MIX to the community and health care services to maximise service use.
• Build safe, healthy relationships with the participants, ensuring that clear professional boundaries are maintained and understood.
• Provide adequate supervision of the participant/s at all times, including ensuring that health and safety personal well-being requirements are met.
• Hold a high level of professionalism at all times to ensure that the participant/s observe positive role modelling.
• Work effectively with the rest of the programme team to deliver recovery focused options for participants.
1543 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here