Full-Time Waste Minimisation Specialist
Waste Minimisation Specialist
- Fun, friendly and supportive team environment
- Meaningful role which supports South and East Auckland communities
- Wednesday to Sunday hours each week
The Beautification Trust is a social enterprise on a mission to connect and empower communities to learn, love and look after our environment.
The Waste Minimisation Specialist will lead on an exciting range of waste minimisation services the Beautification Trust is launching this year. These services include a community recycling centre, zero waste op shop, repair cafes and illegal dumping preventive programme.
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to join our Community Team and make a meaningful difference to help empower communities to make steps towards living zero waste lives.
On a typical day the role will involve maintaining strong relationships with partner organisations engaged in recycling and repurposing. Providing support, direction and cover for the recycling centre and zero waste op shop will be a key function of your role. The position will be varied and you will have a valued role in leading a range of campaign activities including illegal dumping prevention initiatives; repair cafes and upcycling classes.
As an appreciated member of our team, you will:
- Be able to work well both in a team and independently
- Be able to lead others, give direction and communication well
- Experience in working with a wide range of people effectively
- Be passionate about zero waste and ideally had some experience in the waste sector
- Be reliable, enthusiastic, and honest with a great eye for detail
- Have a can-do approach to your work
- Be responsible and be able to manage your time well
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Have a full NZ driver’s license
The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- A supportive community focused workplace and great team
- Learning and development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Opportunities to support community projects and initiatives
What’s more, you’ll be a part of a great workplace. The Beautification Trust has been recognised as a finalist for the Employer of the Year Award from the Westpac Business Awards 2021 (South and East Auckland).
Our wider services
Our mahi sees communities have pride and feel safe, the environment becoming cleaner and healthier; and communities being connected and empowered.
Our focuses are to; love, respect and restore the environment, teach and facilitate environmental and sustainability education and create communities of belonging and connection. We do this through a number of programmes including graffiti removal services; community projects, Eye on Nature environmental event/programmes and our Boomer Community Shed. For more details check out our website.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To apply for this role please call our office on 09 269 4080 or email [email protected]
364 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here