Voluntary Volunteer Trust Board Member
The Miramar and Maupuia Community Centre Trust is currently looking for members to join our board. The MMCC Trust board is a small group of people who volunteer their time roughly once a month to provide strategic direction for the Centre. The vision of the trust is a vibrant centre of activity to support, empower and celebrate our creative diverse community.
The priorities for the board in the next 12 months are:
1. Connecting with our community, in Miramar, Maupuia and the wider peninsula.
2. Creating a welcoming space in the centre that the community feels a part of.
3. Telling our story.
4. Ensuring our financial sustainability.
We would love to hear from you if you have any of the following:
• Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and understanding of te ao Māori.
• Connection and commitment to Te Motu Kairangi (the Miramar Peninsula).
• Lived experience of the issues facing the Te Motu Kairangi community.
• Experience in a governance role.
• A useful skillset for a board position such an accounting or legal background.
This might be a great opportunity for someone interested in giving back to the community to get experience in a governance role. We are very keen to ensure that the board reflects the diversity of our community so if you are keen to be involved please get in touch, even if you don’t think you have all of the necessary skills. The main thing we are looking for is people who are keen and committed to making our community a better place.
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply please send an email to [email protected] outlining why you’re interested and what you think you could bring to the role. Also feel free to send an email if you’ve got any questions. We’d love to hear from you!
787 total views, 10 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here