Full-Time Tourism and Events Executive
- Market the West Coast to stimulate economic development and promote tourism
- Passion for people and great customer experiences
- West Coast based
- Competitive Salary
Development West Coast is the Regional Tourism Organisation for the West Coast and is seeking a customer-focused, driven and results-orientated person to join its Destination Management team as a Tourism and Events Executive.
About The Role:
The role is responsible for supporting delivery of the Destination Management Strategy and Plan, and the regional events strategy. You will be involved with marketing the West Coast to stimulate economic development and promote tourism, with two areas of focus:
- Destination Development and Marketing – the promotion of the region and members to potential domestic and international visitors, media and trade
- Business Events – development of collateral, content, submitting bids, liaising with event organisers and ensuring the West Coast is represented in the business events space, the facilitation of regional events, in partnership with councils, industry and event promoters.
This role supports the Development West Coast team in marketing and promotion activities and events. As a first point of contact for Tourism, you will be interacting with customers, managing stakeholders and engaging with the community. You will organise and manage regional and business events, including webinars, that successfully meet customer expectations.
Skills & Experience:
You will be:
experienced with 3-5 years’ in marketing or events management and a passion for tourism
- a highly organised self-starter with a can-do attitude, a truckload of energy and will roll up your sleeves and get stuck in
- customer-centric with the ability to deliver great customer experiences
- creative, with passion and drive
- a collaborator and team player, with empathy for others
- digitally savvy and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- adaptable, with a mature and flexible approach to an ever-changing environment.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who will thrive in the high pace of a busy environment and who has the ability to juggle tasks, take initiative and work well under pressure. No two days will be the same.
- Support community development on the West Coast, develop regional influence and coordinate delivery of amazing programmes
- Opportunity to learn on the job, expand your skillset and develop your career
- Join a team that is empowered, positive, creative and values initiative
- A competitive salary.
Life on the Coast is hard to beat – The West Coast is an amazing place to visit, and it’s an even better place to live, work and do business. So come join our amazing team.
About the Organisation:
Unleashing business potential of the West Coast while caring for people and place
With the mission to grow business to grow the Coast – Ki tē tupu pakihi, ki tē tupu Te Tai Poutini, Development West Coast is focussed on attracting regional investment, enabling/accelerating the development of businesses, enhancing the profile and visibility of the region, growing revenue and valuing their people.
As the Regional Tourism Organisation, Development West Coast is also responsible for attracting consumers from NZ and all over the world.
Watch our video to find out what the West Coast can offer: https://youtu.be/qxup8RPH6AQ
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to [email protected] quoting 7860sk. Applications close on 3 November 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view the Candidate Briefing document, including a position description please visit www.sheffield.co.nz
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 274 478 102.
162 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here