Contract Team Leader, In-House Face to Face Fundraising
– Newly created role – take a lead in establishing a new team
– Rapid career growth opportunities
– Be part of the largest humanitarian network in the world!
New Zealand Red Cross (NZRC) is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world. NZRC has more than 14,500 members and 500 staff, working to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
NZRC will soon be launching its first ever In-House Face to Face Fundraising team and they are now looking for an enthusiastic and well-organised ‘people-person’ with proven relationship-building skills, leadership capabilities and exceptional communication skills.
Reporting to the In-House Face to Face Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision and performance of the In-House Face to Face Fundraising team. Your duties will include:
– Acting as the first port of call for existing and new Face to Face Campaigners
– Leading, mentoring and supporting existing and new Face to Face Campaigners
– Developing a positive team culture by encouraging, motivating and inspiring the team
– Monitoring the work of the Face to Face Campaigners and targets, through provision of guidance, support and quality control check-ups
– Actively participating in and supporting the recruitment and training processes for Face to Face Campaigners, in conjunction with the In-House Face to Face Fundraising Manager and NZRC’s recruitment partner, McLaren Associates
– Managing any enquiries or complaints from members of the public
– Working with the In-House Face to Face Fundraising Manager on the establishment of policies, procedures and processes conducive to the delivery of NZRC’s In-House Face to Face Fundraising programme
As this is a public facing role, you will be expected to lead by example and uphold the highest standards of integrity and conduct, consistent with NZRC’s values.
This is an ongoing temporary contract position based at NZRC’s headquarters in Thorndon, Wellington. There will be an expectation to travel across the wider Wellington region. A full and clean NZ driver’s licence is essential.
You will enjoy the variety, scope and autonomy to manage your own workload and be highly creative within this role. This is an exciting opportunity to stamp your mark and contribute to the overall establishment of NZRC’s very own In-House Face to Face Fundraising programme.
– Proven leadership or management skills, ability to motivate and inspire teams
– Face to face, door to door, private sites and street fundraising experience
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience in relationship building with a diverse variety of groups
– A driven self-starter who strives for results
– Sound judgment, decision making and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work cooperatively within a team
– Empathetic with humanitarian causes
– Understanding of the fundraising rules, regulations and ethical approach as set by the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA) is desirable
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 14 July 2020
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen or Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
E: [email protected]
How to Apply
246 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here