Ko te piko o te māhuri, tērā te tupu o te rākau.
The way the sapling is shaped determines how the tree grows.
Who is Ako Mātātupu?
Ako Mātātupu is an organisation steered by Tangata Whenua that is working hard to address educational inequality in NZ classrooms. We do this through our two-year Teach First NZ programme where we train great people to become teachers and leaders who will actively address this imbalance.
What will I gain from doing the Teach First NZ Programme?
- Employment as a beginning teacher in one of our amazing partner schools from January 2023.
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (full scholarship, no fees to pay).
- Expert mentoring and support throughout your entire learning journey.
Am I training to be a teacher or being employed as a teacher?
Both! This is the ultimate earn-as-you-learn opportunity.
Applicants accepted onto the TFNZ Programme will attend a 7 week Summer Intensive to prepare them to teach. They then enter the classroom as paid beginning teachers in the new school year. Over the following two years they work as a teacher with a reduced teaching load to allow them time to study towards their PGDip in Secondary Teaching. During this time they are supported by our Kaihāpai who provide ongoing mentoring and curriculum support. On completion of the programme, our participants are fully qualified as secondary school teachers with a clear and meaningful career path.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the TFNZ programme?
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- are looking for a career where you can make a genuine difference in the lives of our rangatahi;
- you hold a Bachelor’s degree at Level 7 (or equivalent) and have completed 4 papers – including at least one at 300-level – in a subject taught in NZ Secondary schools;
- you are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident;
- you do not already hold a New Zealand teaching qualification and have not previously received a TeachNZ scholarship
If you would like to confirm your eligibility, take our handy Eligibility Quiz here: https://bit.ly/3GiJtRE
846 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here