Part-Time Teacher Aide (Te Aka)
* Do you enjoy helping neuro diverse students reach their full potential?
* Would you like to work in a fun and varied classroom environment which includes wonderful opportunities for students such as swimming, horse riding, work experience, community activities, specialist therapy programmes, IEP focused learning and mainstream classes?
Wellington East Girls’ College requires a Teacher Aide for our Supported Learning Class (Te Aka). This is a mixture of permanent hours (20 hours per week) and fixed-term hours (which are negotiated annually) to be worked during the school term. For 2020 the total hours will be 29 hours per week working Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required by mutual agreement.
In Te Aka our aim is to support students to become as independent as possible by developing literacy, numeracy, academic, life and social skills.
The primary objectives are to:
* Support both teachers and students
* Supporting students with IEP goals, mainstream support and life skills support
* Support students as a reader/writer when needed
This is term time only. School holidays are not worked.
The successful applicant should ideally:
* Have experience in working with students on the Autism Spectrum
* Positive, self-motivated and have a sense of humour
* Willing to work as a co-operative member of a team
* Display initiative
* Reliable and punctual
As you will be working in a School environment police vetting will be required at the short listing stage.
ABOUT WELLINGTON EAST GIRLS’ COLLEGE
The Wellington East Girls’ College supported learning class has a new purposely built classroom that caters for girls that are ORS funded. It’s setup allows students to have access to specialist services, attend mainstream classes and to access outside agencies and community facilities where appropriate.
At Wellington East Girls’ College we are proud of our place in the education community. We are proud of the reputation we have for student centred learning based on valuing the unique diversity of each student.
Wellington East Girls College is a decile 8 state-funded secondary school for young women. It is situated on the lower slopes of Mount Victoria. The school has a role of around 1,000 students.
476 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here