Full-Time Carbon Data Manager
Location: NZ, Australia (AEST)
Contract: Full time, with flexible hours and options for part time
Ideal Start Date Late Feb or early March 2022
Recruitment Closing Date: 23 February 2022
Reports to: Head of Impact (New Zealand)
Cogo is a climate-tech that uses world-first technology to offer consumers a free app and businesses a real-time API that helps people understand, reduce and offset their carbon footprints. Our purpose is to enable everyone to join together to create a fairer, more sustainable world. Powered by Open-Banking technology, the Cogo App is integrated with over 35 banks in the UK and all major banks in NZ, with over 100,000 users in those markets.
The Cogo API enables banks and other corporations to integrate carbon and other sustainability data into their customer experiences – for example providing a bank customer a monthly carbon footprint statement or showing an online supermarket shopper the percentage of their products that are made by locally-owned businesses.
We have partnered with some of the biggest banks in the UK and NZ, and are set to launch with bank partners in Australia later this year. Our mission is to empower 100s of millions of people to use their money to shape a future they truly value, and in doing so solve issues like climate change, plastic waste and social inequalities. Let’s go change the world – let’s Cogo!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced professional with an understanding of sustainability science (in particular carbon footprinting) and familiarity with interpretation and application of data models.
Your work will focus on strengthening the ‘Good Impact Framework’ (GIF) – a core element of Cogo’s science-based approach that helps power our products and solutions. The GIF helps simplify sustainability for our stakeholders to enable them to achieve more impact, and includes our approach to carbon footprinting and reduction measurement.
You will work as an integral part of our Impact team to develop the underlying sustainability data foundation for our retail and business carbon products. This role will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the sustainability data that underpins our core products. Our data sets encompass multiple countries and sustainability impact areas, with a current focus on spend-based carbon emissions footprinting. We are looking for someone who is comfortable managing large amounts of data, and can drive the development of datasets that support our products (and clients) while maintaining a robust and credible approach.
As part of a small team you’ll have a large influence on enhancing the credibility of Cogo’s measurement and delivery of impact, and play a big part in supporting the future growth of Cogo. We are looking for an adaptable and knowledgeable manager who can quickly integrate into our team.
The day to day responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and ongoing improvement of Cogo’s Carbon Models and Actions for Retail and ‘Small Medium Enterprises’ (SMEs) in our active markets (UK, Australia, NZ)
- Expert input into the Product Team’s development and ongoing improvement of Cogo’s core products
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key Impact data partners and affiliates (particularly in the carbon area) across our active markets
- Work closely with the Data Quality Manager to iteratively improve the quality and coverage of sustainability master data
- Investigate and respond to sustainability data queries and issues raised by Cogo team members as well as external users and clients.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Around 5 years minimum experience in data analytics, including leveraging of data model outputs to meet business strategic requirements
- Experience in applying sustainability principles to businesses to provide solutions to real world problems, and quantify the impact
- Ability to quickly understand complex topics, and to communicate messages effectively to a broad and non-technical audience
- Experience in analysing company and product sustainability footprints in order to determine best actions to deliver maximum impact
- Awareness of ‘Environmentally Extended Input-Output’ (EEIO) Models is desirable but not critical
- Able to balance the inherent complexity of sustainability challenges, and understand the need to provide sufficient clarity and certainty of next steps to both internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable working in multi-disciplinary teams and equally effective working in different environments (remote, office, etc)
- Able to commit to meetings outside of normal working hours to engage with our global team.
- Have a pragmatic mindset focused on understanding theory and encouraging others to take action
- Comfortable working in both technical and non-technical spaces
- Have a curious and self-starter mindset and seek to suggest improvements to our way of working as we grow
- Excited to work in a company that’s making a positive change in the world, and passionately engaged in the Cogo mission
Cogo is committed to providing a flexible working environment, including arrangements to fit around childcare and family life such as flexible working hours and remote working.
Cogo is an active member of the Tech Talent Charter, and is committed to helping deliver diversity in the technology sector.
The salary range for this role is $78,000-$105,000. Cogo operates full pay transparency across the company and is committed to equal pay opportunities.
Unless otherwise specified, Cogo has a BYOD (bring your own device) policy. All other tools will be provided by Cogo. Please discuss details of this with the hiring manager.
We are proud to encourage a friendly, open and transparent culture at Cogo and we make sure our amazing team is supported at all times. Here are some of our ever growing list of benefits:
- 5 weeks leave plus public holidays
- Unlimited sick leave
- An extra day off on your birthday
- An extra day off after each year of service with Cogo
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity or cause
- Extra holiday when you avoid flying
- Wellbeing and development fund
Please note, Cogo has a vaccination policy for its shared office spaces.
698 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here