Voluntary Street Collector
POSITION: Street Collector
RESPONSIBLE TO: Appeal Coordinator
Community Fundraising Coordinator
FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Service Centre Staff
The Street Collector role is responsible for collecting all donations at your given site, requesting collateral, or any additional assistance needed.
Street Collections will take place across the country during 15-21March. The time commitment is usually 1-2 hours shifts. Hours and times are flexible depending on the availability of the collector.
– Inspire and encourage the public to donate without being ‘pushy’
– Deliver a consistent high standard of customer service to the public including to ‘meet and greet’ the public through open and interactive communication
– Request any collateral or fund collections in a timely manner to ensure your station is always stocked
– If necessary, use Tap & Go terminals to collect donations from the public by card
– Return the bucket sealed with the security sticker
Note: The foregoing paragraphs are intended to describe the duties that the appointee will be expected to undertake in the position of Voluntary Street Appeal Coordinator. It should not be regarded as a complete and exhaustive list and does not prevent the addition, alteration or deletion of duties from time to time in accordance with the needs of New Zealand Red Cross.
It is inherent in all areas of Red Cross work that staff and volunteers are required to apply and uphold the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
57 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here