Full-Time Strategic Fundraising Manager
• Newly created role
• Strategic fundraising position; key member of a small team
• Based in Penrose, Auckland
Mercy Ships is an international faith-based charity which operates the world’s largest charity hospital ship, Africa Mercy, and is dedicated to bringing hope and healing to the world’s poorest people. Mercy Ships New Zealand (MSNZ) is one of 16 national offices around the world and exists to source volunteers, provide funding and generally support and promote the work of Mercy Ships.
Earlier this year, MSNZ made a commitment to support the equipping of a new intensive care unit for a new ship, Global Mercy, currently under construction and due to enter service in 2020/2021. They engaged a fundraising consultancy to assist them with a capital campaign, which is ongoing and to date has been very successful. In order to maintain this positive momentum, build on relationships developed during the campaign and to further develop MSNZ’s fundraising practices and opportunities, they have created the new permanent position of Strategic Fundraising Manager.
Working closely with and reporting to the Director, you will play a pivotal role in further developing, reviewing, refining and implementing the organisation’s strategic fundraising direction, identifying and capitalising upon opportunities for income growth and diversification, raising the profile of MSNZ and awareness of the amazing work Mercy Ships does at a national and international level. Reporting to the Board on strategy and progress at regular intervals will be necessary.
This is an exciting and hugely varied role which will provide you with plenty of scope to stamp your mark and help shape the ongoing success of MSNZ. To achieve this, you will need to demonstrate proven success in a leading role, with fundraising or capital raising focus, and an ability to think strategically, take initiative and build relationships of trust and confidence.
• Strategic with high intellectual capability and the ability to think laterally
• A strong track record of performing against financial goals and targets
• Excellent organisational skills including time management, prioritising, planning, database segmentation and system development
• Positive and highly collaborative with proven success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships at all levels
• Outstanding communication, influencing and persuading skills
• Consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
• Alignment with and empathy towards the mission and values of Mercy Ships
• Flexibility to become involved in team projects as the needs demand
841 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here