Full-Time South Island Operations Manager
The New Zealand Food Network was established in 2020, with funding from the Ministry of Social Development (MSD), to urgently address the growing issue of food insecurity in New Zealand. NZ Food Network brings bulk scale, efficiency and equity to the food rescue sector.
It’s NZFN’s mission to eliminate those issues which have traditionally limited food supply into food insecure communities – and get more food to where it’s needed most.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to own performance, lead the small distribution centre team, manage training and safety, and maximise distribution output.
We have a permanent role for a proven people leader with warehouse operations, FMCG or logistics experience to:
- Lead a small Rolleston based team
- Drive operational performance and deliver high quality customer outcomes
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders to create effective solutions
- Ensure food/products are delivered safely and efficiently from our distribution centre to our recipients
What’s in it for you
- A fairly autonomous role reporting to the National Operations Manager
- Fast-paced and exciting – no day will be the same
- The chance to make a real difference
What we are looking for
- A confident people leader who can inspire and motivate the team to high performance
- Experience of warehouse systems and technology
- A person who has a continuous improvement lens
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with key stakeholders and customers
- A champion in all aspects of Health, Safety and Quality with an understanding of Food safety requirements
- Strong operational leader with a background in warehouse, logistics or Food/FMCG environment
A jack of all trades required… solutions-oriented person, self-driven, excellent relationship management skills and someone who is keen for an opportunity to work in an important social enterprise making significant contributions to the well-being of New Zealanders.
Does this sound like you?
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager
- 5 years in leading, developing and engaging teams
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of health and safety, and food safety and quality regulations
- Experience in productivity, and inventory management and 3PL operators in distribution/logistics environment
- Excellent organisational skills and digitally savvy
- Able to prioritise tasks and manage time
Please send your cv to: [email protected]
221 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here