Part-Time Social Worker
Family Works is one of the largest NGOs providing integrated social services for the whole community. Family Works provides a range of services to families and communities including needs assessments, social work, counselling and therapy and a range of life-skills and parenting courses.
Our Social Workers are the key in ensuring we enable, care for and support Kiwis around the country.
About the Role
This is a permanent, full time (40 hours per week) role based in Whanganui. This role offers challenge and flexibility. It involves the provision of Social Work, group work and related services to individuals, adults, adolescents, couples, families and Whanau.
You can expect to co-facilitate programmes to adults and children and to pick up intake duties as and when required. Full training will be provided to the successful person.
You will be an empathetic person with a passion for helping children and whanau. Your approach to your work will be with kindness, logic and above all, the drive to do right by the child.
You will also be:
- a qualified and experienced Social Worker (SWRB registered or eligible for registration)
- passionate about working with children and whanau
- familiar with working in culturally diverse environments
- proactive and have good time management and computer skills
- a self starter who can work independently
- competent with demonstrating and implementing a range of social work practices e.g. strengths based, solution focused and goal oriented
- a strong networker with community stake holders and enjoy developing new professional networks for your client group
- have some experience in working with domestic violence
- have some experience in working with children
277 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here