Full-Time Social Services Manager
- New role – strategic community engagement & leadership focus
- Demonstrate your people centred leadership approach
- Genuine opportunity to make a difference for young people in the Hutt Valley
As a Youth One Stop Shop, our client has a unique and important role in their community, bringing together both primary health and other wellbeing services, and making these available at their two sites and in a variety of other locations, within the Hutt Valley.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Social Services Manager is a key member of the senior leadership team and is responsible the effective delivery of the organisation’s social services.
This is both a strategic and operational role. It will involve leading a team of six direct reports (total staff circa 20), contract and practice oversight, leadership and mentorship and stakeholder engagement with a range of external agencies and other community organisations.
You will need to be strategic in your approach to community engagement with funders and referral agencies and an experienced leader who can set, develop, and nurture the organisation’s team culture of high performance, collaboration, openness and support.
You will have the opportunity to be innovative in your approach and to ensure the organisation remains responsive to the emerging needs and aspirations of young people aged 10-24 years in Te Awakairangi (the Hutt Valley).
This is a highly rewarding new role working within a multi-disciplinary team alongside health services on a range of excellent contracts which have huge scope for innovation, growth and development. As a new role, there is also plenty of opportunity to stamp your mark, take ownership and help shape the role.
There is a preference for the role to be full time, however less hours may be considered for the right person.
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven staff management experience and the ability to inspire and motivate others in a strength-based manner
- A commitment to and passion for supporting young people to fulfil their potential
- Relevant social service qualification and professional registration
- A knowledge of government contracts, delivery, compliance and reporting
- Sound working knowledge of service delivery best practice and quality improvement processes
- A collaborative approach with the ability to get alongside and support staff
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Cultural awareness with a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities
It is a requirement for the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide a vaccine pass as evidence.
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 21 August 2022
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser:
205 total views, 8 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here