Full-Time Smart Newtown Trainer & Administrator (Kaiwhakaako, kaimahi tari)
“People first….technology second!” Smart Newtown is Newtown’s free community computer hub, managed by the Newtown Community & Cultural Centre. Smart Newtown has the following goals:
- To support the Newtown community to be empowered to participate in the digital world – to have the skills, motivation and confidence to use computers and the internet.
- To provide quality FREE access to computer/s and the internet for the Newtown community in a welcoming and safe facility.
- To develop programmes, classes, workshops that respond to the needs of the community, with particular focus on those with less digital literacy/access.
Currently, Smart Newtown is undergoing some changes. For example: getting a new lick of paint, developing new courses that respond to communities wants/needs, changing our back-end systems, investigating opportunities to work with our rangatahi and refining the strategic direction of the organisation. This is an exciting time for the organisation and employees are expected to support and implement these changes alongside being encouraged to bring their passion, skills and knowledge to this process.
Hours: 30 – 40 hours per week. Likely Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with the odd shift required outside of this (weekend/evening). We’re rather flexible and may have two roles open – so keen to hear from you!
What we can offer you:
- $23.50 p/h
- Opportunities for professional training and personal development ($500 personal training budget)
- In-house Employee Assistance Programme (ie: we can provide some free counselling sessions)
- A healthy, fun and caring workplace with a positive team culture
- Bring your personality, creativity and ideas to work!
Key areas of accountability:
- Daily running of Smart Newtown
- Facilitation & Teaching
- Promotion of Smart Newtown
- Organisational Commitment/Development and strategic direction
Let us know if this sounds like you:
- You have passion (and knowledge) for: computers, technology and the internet. You love to keep up to date with what’s happening in the digital world and easily pick up new technology/apps
- You have passion for helping people, creating positive change, teaching people new skills and building community
- You have the ability to problem solve and trouble shoot a range of computer and internet issues – and support our learners to do it for themselves – empowering them to learn alongside you
- You have experience in facilitation, group training or support work. You are confident facilitating classes and workshops, leading groups of people and public speaking
- You are patient and kind – with a demonstrated experience in managing conflicting situations in a calm and professional manner
- You can relate to people of all ages, abilities, backgrounds and ethnicities. You have the ability to work cross-culturally
- You are happy working alone, you have a healthy dose of self-motivation and are able to work without supervision – managing your own time effectively
- Your communication skills are fantastic – both verbally and written
- You have great administrative and organisational skills
- You want to work with us!
219 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here