Part-Time Sexual Violence Crisis Support Counsellor
HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual violence either recently or in the past. The service includes supporting clients through police procedures and medical processes.
Our Crisis Team based in Mt Eden is currently looking for qualified psychotherapists, psychologists or counselors, preferably with at least 12 months post-qualifying experience, to join our all women team. We have part time positions available in both our After Hours and Day teams. Additional training and/or experience in sexual trauma recovery is a definite advantage, however, induction and training will be provided.
This role involves working with Police, MEDSAC Doctors, phone counselling and support, referral intake and face-to-face crisis sessions.
Relevant experience / skills required:
• Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis
• Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence
• Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
• Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
• Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
• Have excellent communication and Administration skills
• Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding
online database systems, including data entry and reporting
• Tertiary qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy
• Registered with a relevant professional governing body
565 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here