Part-Time Sexual Harm Crisis Worker (After Hours)
HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides crisis counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual harm either recently or in the past. Our service includes supporting clients through police procedures and medical processes.
Our Crisis Team is looking for a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist or psychologist, preferably with post-qualifying experience to join our all women team. This position may suit a practitioner with their own private practice. Additional training and/or experience in sexual trauma recovery is not necessary but a definite advantage.
This role involves working on a Monday morning and a minimum of 3 selected shifts over weekends and between the hours of 6pm-8am during the week. You will be providing support for survivors of sexual assault in both historical and acute incidents which includes crisis response and interventions and support on our 24/7 crisis line.
Relevant experience / skills required:
• Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis intervention strategies
• Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence
• Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
• Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
• Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
• Have excellent communication and administration skills
• Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
• Current driver’s license and ownership of legal vehicle available for work use
• NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology or psychotherapy (Only applications with appropriate qualifications will be considered)
• Member of a NZ professional counselling, psychotherapy or psychology governing body
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining our Team, please email your CV and cover letter as soon as possible to [email protected]
107 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here