Full-Time Sexual Harm Crisis Response Worker – Child and Adolescent Counsellor
HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual violence either recently or in the past. The service includes supporting clients through police procedures and medical processes.
Our Crisis Team based in Mt Eden is currently looking for qualified psychotherapists, psychologists or counselors, preferably with at least 12 months post-qualifying experience, to join our all women team. The role is full-time Monday through Friday.
This role is specifically working with children and adolescents who have experienced sexual harm to support them and their family/whanau. The focus of this role is to work with the client(s) and family/whanau to obtain the desired social and emotional wellbeing and recovery through management of the issues that are caused by trauma.
The successful applicant will not only have experience and be skilled in working with children and adolescents, they will also be able to maintain and manage relationships with our partners and stakeholders such as Police, MEDSAC Doctors, family/whanau, phone contacts and face-to-face crisis sessions.
Relevant experience / skills required:
• Experience working with children and youth in a therapeutic setting
• Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis intervention strategies
• Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence on child development and family/whanau systems
• Working from a trauma-informed care philosophy, practices and strategies in all activities
• Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
• Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
• Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
• Have excellent communication and Administration skills
• Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
• NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology or psychotherapy (Only applications with appropriate qualifications will be considered)
• Member of a NZ professional counselling, psychotherapy or psychology governing body
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining our Team, please email your CV and cover letter as soon as possible to [email protected]
110 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here