Full-Time Senior Social Worker
- Deliver high quality social services
- Genuine opportunity to make a difference; opportunity to help grow services
- Full time position; based in Tokoroa
The Salvation Army Community Ministries provide invaluable services to a wide range of people within the Tokoroa region. Services include social work, housing services, advocacy and welfare assistance, including foodbank, as well as access to spiritual support through the Tokoroa Corps (the Church).
The Senior Social Worker is responsible for providing effective, culturally appropriate, and holistic service delivery of these services to whanaunga for the Tokoroa region. As a senior member of staff, you will provide and role model effective leadership and clinical practice support to staff and volunteers, and contribute to the growth and development of the service.
This is a highly rewarding opportunity where you will work with a welcoming, committed and passionate team to deliver services designed to transform lives.
- A registered Social Worker, with relevant experience working in a social service provision at a senior level
- A strong understanding of, and heart for social justice issues
- Sound working knowledge of service delivery best practice
- A collaborative approach with the ability to get alongside and support staff
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels; ability to understand and relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds with sensitivity, care and patience
- Cultural awareness with a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- A full New Zealand drivers licence
It is a requirement for the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and be able to provide a vaccine pass as evidence.
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Senior-Social-Worker-Tokoroa-21.4.22.pdf
207 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here