Full-Time Senior Programme Officer – Volunteer Logistics
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) sends skilled Kiwis to the Pacific and beyond to share their experience and knowledge directly with local people and communities. Working together with our regional neighbours, our volunteers create new opportunities for people that will continue to ripple across communities for generations to come.
If you have proven experience in managing relationships with volunteers or customers and a passion for designing and implementing systems and processes within a volunteer management setting, coupled with the desire to add value to this important area of VSA’s work, we welcome your application.
What you’ll be doing:
As a member of the International Programme Unit based in Wellington, this role’s purpose is to ensure the provision of effective and efficient systems and practices to enable the accurate scoping of assignments, the placement and management of quality volunteers, the management of partner relationships, and timely monitoring and reporting of assignments.
The role also has responsibility for:
• supporting the core functions of the unit by participating in the recruitment, briefing, deployment and debriefing of volunteers
• continual monitoring and improvement of systems and processes to ensure that the volunteer experience is the best it can be
• quality monitoring of assignment development to ensure consistency across programmes
• quality monitoring of all documents required for the volunteer journey
Our ideal candidate will have:
• proven experience in customer-facing roles
• an innovative approach to problem solving
• a keen eye for implementing effective systems and processes
• great interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with a diverse range of people
• a qualification in Development Studies or a related discipline (and/or equivalent experience of working in a developing country)
• CRM proficiency
As with many other roles in the organisation, the Senior Programme Officer also has some additional tasks and projects, and may need to work occasional Saturdays.
How to Apply
Applications close at 9am on Monday 1 July 2019. To download the position description and full details of how to apply for this role, please visit our website https://vsa.org.nz/about-vsa/employment-vacancies/.
NOTE: To be considered for this role, applicants must currently have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
243 total views, 17 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here