Full-Time Senior Nurse Leader
- Newly created role; opportunity to stamp your mark!
- Part of the management team
- Monday to Friday (40 hours per week); based in Mt Eden
The Salvation Army Bridge Services in Auckland exists to provide safe, integrated, high quality treatment and support services to people whose lives have been affected by alcohol or substance use. They provide residential and day services across three centres (Mount Eden, Manukau, and Waitakere). These services are known and recognised for being person-centred, caring, transformative and responsive.
In this newly created position, you will be leading a small team of registered nurses (1.6FTE) across the three sites, working with clients who have issues related to substance addiction and are wanting to make a positive change in their lives.
You will oversee the delivery of nursing services and physical health needs of residential clients, develop and deliver health messages and information to groups and individuals (for example, smoking cessation, healthy eating) and provide the highest level of care possible.
This position represents the opportunity to help The Salvation Army to further develop their model of care and you will be part of a highly supportive team of committed professionals.
- Strong clinical knowledge and experience, with the ability to make sound clinical decisions
- Current professional qualification and registration in General Nursing to a minimum level three
- Strong leadership capabilities with proven experience leading a clinical team
- Experienced in group facilitation and issue resolution
- A passion for providing and delivering a high level of customer service
- The ability to problem solve, use initiative and display sound judgement
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building capabilities, both internally and externally to the organisation
- Ability to work from a bicultural perspective, and to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- A current full New Zealand drivers’ licence
- Understanding of, respect for, and the ability to work within The Salvation Army’s mission, principles, and Christian ethos
As the service operates 24/7, there is the requirement for the Senior Nurse Leader to be part of the management on-call, currently one week in four, for which you will receive an additional $200 allowance.
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 16 May 2021
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
280 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here