Full-Time Senior Community Fundraising Coordinator
• Make a positive impact to help people in need
• Plenty of variety and autonomy in the role; opportunity to bring your creativity!
• Building meaningful relationships with community groups, schools, local businesses & volunteers
New Zealand Red Cross (NZRC) is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world. The NZRC have more than 14,500 members and 500 staff, working to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilising the power of humanity and enhancing community resilience.
Every day the NZRC work to help New Zealanders – from providing a hot meal, a safe drive to the hospital, education programmes at local high schools, refugee programmes, restoring family links, first aid training to disaster management.
New Zealand Red Cross is looking for an enthusiastic and well-organised ‘people-person’ with proven relationship building and community engagement capabilities and exceptional communication skills. Reporting to the Community Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of national and localised fundraising activities in the South Island region. Your duties will include:
• Developing and reviewing the annual community fundraising plan for the Canterbury and wider South Island region
• Coordinating and delivering community fundraising events, campaigns and national appeals
• Building meaningful relationships with community groups, schools, local businesses, volunteers and event participants
• Building a portfolio of supporters (donors and volunteers) and growing the net annual fundraising income for the region
• Promoting the work of Red Cross and the International Red Cross Crescent Movement
• Managing peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns and motivating members of the public
This is a permanent full-time position ideally based in Christchurch. Other South Island locations will be considered for the right candidate. There will be an expectation to travel within the South Island (excluding Marlborough-Tasman). A full and clean NZ driver’s licence is essential.
To be considered for this role, you will be proactive with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and can demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. This role has plenty of autonomy and scope to manage your own workload and be highly creative!
• Experience in events marketing
• Experience in relationship building with a diverse variety of groups
• A track record in achieving targets and KPI’s
• Efficient and highly organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including negotiation skills
• Ability to motivate and inspire others, bring people on the Red Cross journey
• A friendly, genuine and positive disposition
• Strong computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office Suite to complete daily work tasks
• Empathetic with humanitarian causes
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 25th July 2019
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
E: [email protected]
454 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here