Full-Time Schools Partnership Manager
Great opportunity to work with World Vision to raise awareness across World Visions Schools Partnership community.
* Working with young people to engage, inspire and motivate
* Auckland location
* Work with NZ’s largest NGO
World Vision New Zealand is the largest overseas humanitarian organisation in New Zealand. We implement emergency relief and long-term community development projects. Inspired by Christian values, we aim to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice. We operate in 23 countries, employ over 100 staff throughout New Zealand, and have a strong volunteer’s database.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and committed individual to join our school’s partnership team on a permanent basis. This is a busy role, so you will need to be an organised, efficient person with the ability to build relationships with young people, schools and their representatives. Your commitment to social justice will be unwavering, as will your skill at public speaking and enthusiasm for working with young people. This is a unique opportunity to work with 5-18-year olds in order to raise awareness and encourage participation in fundraising and advocacy campaigns such as the 40 hour famine.
* Inspire schools and their wider communities to raise money for WV’s work through mechanisms such as the 40 Hour Famine campaign.
* Account management responsibilities with over 100 schools across the North Island and key account management of several schools across Auckland.
* Develop and convert leads from wider school communities (including teachers, support staff, Boards of Trustees, local businesses, and families)
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with schools
* Raise the awareness of, and achieve ongoing commitment to justice issues among school pupils, including global education and leadership initiatives
You will need:
* 2-3 years’ experience in fundraising/sales/account management
* Highly developed communications skills, both written and verbal and be a confident public speaker
* Experience of working effectively with young people
* Understanding of causes and effects of systemic injustice
* Understanding of the education sector and how schools function
* Ability to develop high quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to co-ordinate and lead groups of people to achieve specific outcomes
* Prepared to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend activities, and able to travel regularly within the region
* An understanding and affinity with World Vision’s mission and core values
This is an exciting opportunity to help make a difference in vulnerable children’s lives around the world. World Vision are committed to developing its people at all levels and to being an employer of choice within the charity sector and the international community for vulnerable children.
For more information or to request a full position description, please contact Angela Evans ([email protected])
630 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here