Contract Residential Youth Worker
Eastern Southern Youth Trust, based in Wellington, have embarked on an exciting partnership to deliver residential care services to young people who can benefit from a supported living environment and who are transitioning to independent living.
Contracted to run two homes in Southern Wellington, for rangitahi between ten and eighteen years of age, we are now looking for Residential Youth Workers who:
– Love young people and want to care for them
– Have a mature outlook and are capable of providing safe and secure homelike environments
– Have an understanding and empathy towards young people who have experienced harm and trauma or challenging backgrounds
– Can work as part of a youth care team
– Can work with young people from a range of culture and backgrounds, especially rangitahi Māori and pacific youth
– Are willing to work in faith based organisation
Due to staff moving north and an opportunity to boost the team, we are seeking new recruits for our two residential houses.
We are are also looking for adaptable youth workers to join our casual relief pool.
We are open to applicants with residential experience in other settings, and applicants from other people related industries such as social and community work, health or psychology etc who can apply their skills to a youth setting.
Professional development is something we prioritise.
As an organisation we are unapologetically faith-based and are looking for team members who are comfortable with that.
How to Apply
For more information see the attached Job Description
Please email a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
You can also contact the Residential Manager, Rob House on 027 649 3412 to find out more, or phone our new CE, Fiona Purchas, for a confidential chat on 022 639 1167.
Applications close June 7th.
1358 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here