Overseas Renewable Energy Adviser – Fiji
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) volunteers receive a living allowance and accommodation, insurance, and medical costs are provided. Travel arrangements are organised and funded by VSA along with other costs.
– Support the Pacific Community (SPC) to increase and diversify renewable energy use in the Pacific
– Make a contribution to environmental sustainability across the Pacific
The Pacific has huge potential to develop renewable energy – you could be a part of ensuring energy security in the region.
SPC provide technical and policy advice to Pacific Island countries about energy, fisheries, science, public health and conservation of plant genetic resources for food security.
As the ideal volunteer you will work to identify potential sources of renewable energies, and build awareness of bio-gas generation. You’ll be working with SPC staff and government officials around the Pacific and the energy sector.
This assignment will involve supporting the SPC to identify countries that have the potential to generate bio-gas at a commercial level, as well as collating and analysing renewable energy data. You will also provide technical advice, review project proposals and oversee training of SPC staff, all of which will make a huge difference to the success of SPC’s upcoming work.
VSA assignments provide a unique opportunity for professional development by sharing your skills to help build thriving communities in the Pacific and beyond. This is a two year assignment based in Suva.
We are looking for a volunteer with:
– Bachelor of Science in renewable energy/renewable energy economics/climate change mitigation
– 3+ years of professional experience in renewable energy resources assessment, renewable energy data analysis, and/or circular economy or biogas generation
– Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to engage professionally with multi-stakeholders
– Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and other relevant software
– Experience in capacity building
This is a two-year assignment based in Fiji.
About volunteering with VSA
VSA is New Zealand’s largest and most experienced volunteering agency working in international development.
We cover living allowances, accommodation and utilities. Travel, visas, insurance and medical costs are organised and funded by VSA.
Volunteers must be a NZ citizen or permanent resident.
If current VSA assignments don’t suit your skills and experience you can register your interest with us and we’ll let you know when something in your field is available.
326 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here