Full-Time Referrals Coordinator
HELP’s 24-hour crisis response service provides counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual violence either recently or in the past. The service includes supporting clients through police procedures and medical processes.
To assist with the efficient, effective and consistent managing of incoming and outgoing referrals, our Crisis Team, based in Mt Eden, is looking for a caring Coordinator with a high level of written and verbal communication skills. A clear understanding of professional ethics and confidentiality issues is also necessary.
If you’re highly organized, have experience working in the sexual violence sector and enjoy working in a trauma informed, client focused environment, we would love to have you join our all women team. The successful applicant will be skilled in completing initial assessments for long term therapy, work perfectly alongside our team of highly committed crisis response, social work, court support and therapy teams.
We are looking for someone who has counselling experience, established self-care practices and understands the need for resilience and professional boundaries in the sexual violence sector.
Relevant experience / skills required:
• An understanding and awareness of the personal, social and political issues impacting upon survivors
• Assessment skills
• Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
• Excellent written, verbal communication and administration skills
• Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
• Ability to work in high stress crisis situations and negotiate competing needs
• Good networking and relationships building skills
• Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
• Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
• Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
• Relevant counselling qualification and significant experience counselling one on one is necessary
How to Apply
If you’re interested in joining our Team, please email your CV as soon as possible to [email protected]
332 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here