Full-Time Product Design Lead (ECM + Partnership)
When you first walk through those doors, there’s a buzz, a feeling of excitement and energy – it’s our amazing people. Our people drive and live by our values, we always care for each other and ourselves, chase remarkable on the daily and we are all in it together and have each other’s backs.
Sharesies has an inclusive culture and our aim is to create financial empowerment for everyone. We believe that everyone deserves the chance to live the life they choose, that everyone deserves the right to be able to grow their wealth, and everyone should be able to invest. We’re developing a new generation of investors, one pay-day at a time.
We’ve had an exciting new opportunity open up in our Design team as a Product Design Lead in our Equity Capital Markets and Company Partnerships team. This role is located in Wellington (or Auckland). You’ll enjoy a varied role, responsible for supporting the design strategy in creating new products for companies and ultimately, investors. The team works to unlock new investment opportunities for everyday people in New Zealand and Australia in both B2B and B2C spaces. The initial focuses of this role will include supporting the: development of an employee share scheme product, establishment of a Share Rewards product and ongoing equity capital markets activity. As it’s a new team you’ll be able to use your knowledge of design and product practices to also help establish a working rhythm.
Sharesies is going through lots of growth and change. We’re looking specifically for people who love the idea of working in a high growth organisation with big plans for the future, who are as excited about our vision as we are.
For the Product Design Lead role we are looking for someone who:
- is a team player: our core values are really important to us.
- You’re honest, dependable, supportive, kind, direct, and have a sense of humour
- has design leadership experience and knowledge that builds on, and aligns with our vision and purpose
- can tell a good story, sharing visionary thinking, elegant designs and bold ideas with other areas in the business
- can work with Product Owners, Tech Leads who are a great bunch of diverse people and to deliver on our product roadmap
- understands design principles and take a collaborative, creative and curious approach to problem solving—a help would be a cultural understanding in international markets
- has an eye for detail and knowledge of design fundamentals like typography, interaction, accessibility, and visual design
- knows how to create loveable, accessible, modular designs that can scale
- is enthusiastic, positive and patient and love enabling others to do their best work
- can mentor and support a team who have varying levels of experience
- has experience using tools like Figma
- is a fan of good documentation and enjoy writing it
- comfortable working across functions in a fast growing team and able to adjust to different working styles
- is adaptable to change, and is motivated by our vision and our future growth.
We’re looking for the right person, not just a list of qualifications. We’d love to hear from you even if you’re not sure you fit the bill. Sharesies is committed to promoting and celebrating a diverse and inclusive workplace – a place where we can all be ourselves and thrive in our work. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, and services to support people from different backgrounds.
This job closes Sunday 26 June. If this job sounds like you, please send through your cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this role and working at Sharesies, along with your cv, and we’ll be in touch!
At Sharesies, we believe in the power of belonging and we’re committed to a culture of inclusion. We are building a diversity program to increase the diversity of underrepresented groups in our talent pipeline. As part of this diversity program, we’ve included a few questions in this application to better understand candidate experiences and keep improving our equitable outcomes. It’s completely up to you whether you answer any or all of these questions. If you decide to participate, we’ll only use the information you provide for the purposes of our diversity program. If you choose not to participate, it won’t affect your application. The hiring managers do not have access to this data. If you have any questions about how we’ll manage and store your data, please email [email protected]
We’ve been a proud certified B Corp since April 2019. We’ve become a carbon neutral company, introduced volunteer leave, created a process for donations, introduced a responsible search filter for sustainable investing through our platform and we continue to provide education and workshops to create financial empowerment for everyone! We always strive to make positive impacts in all things we do and this certification guides and confirms our work!
The successful person will be required to obtain a Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
218 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here