Full-Time Patient Transfer Officer
- Critical support role responsible for non-emergency transport, hospital transfers, and specialised patient transfers.
We are currently looking for full time Patient Transfer Officers (PTO’s) in Wellington region. (Based out of Porirua, Hutt Valley or Newtown). The shifts are 12 hour shifts rostered and rotating over all 7 days of the week. The shift times will start between 6am to 11am. The main duties of the role are:
- Providing the highest possible standard of patient care and transportation for non-emergency transport, hospital transfers, outpatient appointments and specialised patient transfers
- Providing excellent customer service
- Accurately completing documentation
- Ensure vehicles are fully equipped and ready to use and maintaining appropriate administration
Who we are looking for
Our successful applicants will be flexible with their work routine, and meet the following criteria:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer focus
- Ability to work with and relate to people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Current full clean drivers’ licence (for over 1 year) with defensive driving course
- Clean criminal record
- Strong and fit, as role includes manual handling.
What we can offer
It goes without saying you will get fulfilment from your work and a sense of pride knowing that you are working for a not-for-profit that is an iconic part of the Wellington region. We also have more benefits to joining including:
- Employee Assistance Programme, annual flu vaccinations, discounted health insurance, and access to Boost Employee Benefits
- Full on-the-job training and fantastic career progression opportunities
- Great discounts at several supportive businesses across our region
Why join Wellington Free Ambulance?
We are the one and only paramedic service for Wellington and Wairarapa, and the only ones in the country who are free.
We are proud of the place we hold in our community, and the high-quality, leading-edge patient care that our people deliver every day. As well as providing our patient transfer service we also provide emergency paramedic care, we have paramedics who are part of the Life Flight crew and rescue squad, plus we operate the 111 clinical communications centre for our region. We respond on average to around 57,000 emergency incidents per year.
We consider ourselves to be the best little ambulance service in the world, with an awesome team around 400 staff and over 80 volunteers. Being this size means when you join you do become part of our family and you really do make a huge impact for our community!
Wellington Free Ambulance is committed to being an equal opportunity employer with a focus on ensuring equity, diversity and inclusion to provide a stronger internal and external culture and to improve our organisational performance. We value and embrace differences in all people and encourage diverse ways of thinking and being.
270 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here