Part-Time Part Time Finance Manager
InZone Education Foundation provides Māori and Pasifika secondary students the opportunity to live in a whānau-like hostel environment in the zones of Auckland Grammar School and Epsom Girls Grammar School. At both hostels we provide extensive wraparound support and our students emerge with qualifications, a strong value set and aspirations to give back to their communities.
We are looking for a superstar who can tell a story with numbers. Someone who can help us stick to our financial plans and forecast the future.
This role works closely alongside the Head of Foundation and hours can range from 15 – 20 per week with the possibility of school holidays off.
Key responsibilities include:
* Financial management and reporting processes using Xero
* Monthly and Annual cashflow and accounting reporting.
* Ensure financial and business related legislative compliances are met
* Analyse financial results, including corrective actions to address adverse performance
* Receive, verify and process invoices and requisitions for goods and services in compliance with financial policies and procedures
* Prepare payment batches and process for authorisation
* Data enter invoices for payment
* Analyse current and future business costs and operations to report to HOF, Finance Committee and Board of Trustees as requested
* Complete financial feasibility analysis to assist with strategic goals of the organisation and a long-term strategic plan, as requested.
* Complete fortnightly payroll
Skills and Competencies Required:
* Relevant tertiary qualification in Commerce/Business, with accounting experience within an accounting firm or business
* Demonstrate technical financial experience
* Knowledge of and ability to work with accounting software packages (InZone uses Xero).
* Generalist understanding of employment law, including health and safety obligations. * Strong interpersonal skills and ability to form relationships
* Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and particularly Xero.
It is critical that all of our team align to the values of InZone as they are the essence of who we are and have been created from our thoughts and alignment to the InZone kaupapa.
* Manakitanga – Generosity, Aroha and Loyalty.
* Kia Tika, Kia Pono – Respect, Integrity, Fairness, Tautoko.
* Kia Māia – Courage, Determination, Striving for Excellence.
* Kotahitanga – Unity, Solidarity, Common purpose.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo a Police check. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
For a full job description please email Jasmine at [email protected]
465 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here