Full-Time Parks and Open Spaces Programme Manager
• Based in Wellington; other NZ locations will be considered
• Champion high quality recreation for the benefit of NZ
• Great team culture
We are the voice of Recreation in Aotearoa, representing all professionals in the industry. We empower our members to deliver the quality Recreation experiences, places and facilities, that fuel a more active, healthy and connected NZ.
The Parks and Open Spaces sector is a core part of Recreation Aotearoa’s mahi (work) and they are dedicated to providing parks operators with the relevant resources and support they need to deliver their services effectively and efficiently.
This is your chance to be part of the ‘go-to’ organisation for professionals involved in parks and recreation throughout New Zealand. You will support those who work in and on the backcountry spaces of national parks, the front country spaces of regional parks, and the urban environment such as parks, sports grounds, cemeteries, and play spaces.
You will be a self-driven champion for the Parks and Open Spaces sector with a strong ability to conceptualise and see the big picture, as well as the creativity to bring concepts into reality. You will be a leader in the sector, building and fostering relationships with key stakeholders.
With a national focus, you will lead the development and maintenance of a quality assurance framework for recreation management that incorporates relevant standards and benchmarks, defines a core set of industry level KPIs, and articulates what ‘well managed’ looks like. These responsibilities will be primarily focussed on driving outcomes for the Parks and Open Spaces sector.
Recreation Aotearoa is focused on developing a strong recreation industry that meets the needs of current and future participants. You will support relevant high quality learning and development, and facilitate strong connections/networks within the industry. You will strive for greater recognition of the social, economic, environmental and cultural value of recreation, leading to increased participation in quality recreation.
You will also manage existing quality assurance systems such as PlayCheck, RecCheck and Reserves Manager, and design and develop new quality assurance systems.
• Experienced in and passionate about the Parks and Open Spaces sector
• Experienced in producing engaging written content for newsletters and social media
• Understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing the Parks and Open Spaces sector
• Strong time management capabilities and the ability to prioritise own workload
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to establish effective stakeholder relationships
• Personable, genuine and customer focused
• Commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori
• A sound knowledge of the Microsoft suite, web-based content management systems and ideally skills in online content delivery
• A good sense of humour and positive attitude
618 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here