Full-Time Organiser – fixed term
The PSA, Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi, is the largest union in New Zealand, Aotearoa and is an innovative and dynamic organisation employing 140 staff throughout New Zealand. We have over 70,000 members working in central and local government, health and community services. As the largest union in New Zealand Aotearoa, we can provide opportunities for organisers to take up leadership roles in our sectors and across the organisation.
Our core values include advocating members’ interests with a strong effective voice, standing together, supporting and empowering members, individually and collectively. We embrace diversity and challenge inequality and our actions are characterised by professionalism, integrity and respect. We are a progressive and constructive union, constantly seeking solutions that improve members’ working lives.
The PSA, Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi, has a fixed term vacancy (of up to six months), for a full time organiser based in our Auckland office.
We are looking for people with:
• A commitment to the work of trade unions.
• An ability to improve the quality of PSA, Te Pukenga Here Tikanga Mahi, members’ working lives.
• The capability to build durable working relationships with members, employers, government and industry representatives.
• The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
• Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
• An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is committed to honouring Te Tiriti O Waitangi across our organisation and the work we do. Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori will therefore be an advantage.
558 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here