Full-Time Mentoring Manager
• Interview, match & support our volunteers, boys and families
• Enjoy autonomy in a role with heart and purpose
• Contribute and make a genuine difference
About the role:
As our new Big Buddy Mentoring Manager, responsible for the Tauranga/Hamilton region, you will join our existing team of Mentoring Managers and support staff, to coordinate and deliver the Big Buddy programme.
If you are based in Tauranga, your office will be at The Kollective – a shared working space. If based in Hamilton, we are yet to secure an office space, however it will be near the CBD. Covering both cities, with probably weekly travel, day to day you will:
• recruit, interview, and assess male volunteers to become Big Buddy mentors
• support, train and coach mentors to ensure exceptional relationships with boys and their families
• interview referred boys, mothers & caregivers and present the concept of mentoring to them
• organise and manage community events
• represent and promote Big Buddy to local funding and other community groups.
Your experience and qualities:
• exceptional relationship and communication skills
• a background in community work, counselling, teaching or social work
• skills in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software and solid administration skills
• the maturity, self-awareness and tact to explore personal matters with male volunteers.
Big Buddy runs an award winning youth mentoring programme, which matches adult male mentors with boys who have no male role models in their family/whanau. We are a social service agency committed to making a practical and meaningful difference in these young men’s lives.
Salary and benefits:
We are offering an attractive salary and a company vehicle. We genuinely respect work/life balance, offering five week’s annual leave, some flexibility with working hours and options for working outside the office. We also care for and support your emotional health with regular clinical supervision.
If you are looking for a career with meaning, please apply now to Philippa Greaney from Kin – 021 960890. Applications close on Friday 22nd November.
613 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here