Voluntary Marketing Leader
The Aotearoa Youth Leadership Institute (AYLI) is a charity committed to training and inspiring a new generation of New Zealand leaders. Through our International Programme, since 2013 we’ve sent over 100 young Kiwis to awesome international conferences to build their leadership skills, to network, and to gain a greater understanding of how our world works. These delegates have come home to be incredible leaders in their communities, championing social and environmental projects and sharing the knowledge they’ve gained.
It’s an exciting time for AYLI. In the past two years, we’ve doubled the scale of our International Programme – and it’s continuing to grow. We’re after awesome and talented people who are dynamic, down-to-earth, and passionate about our vision to join our team. Could this be you?
About the role
Our Marketing Leader will work with our Executive Director and our Design Leader to grow the Aotearoa Youth Leadership Institute’s visibility and presence and allow more young Kiwis to hear about our life-changing opportunities.
In the past two years, we’ve grown from running one to two delegations per year to running around five. In our growth, we’ve been fortunate that our alumni have been great ambassadors for our programme. Over 30% of our delegates apply because they know someone who’s been on one of our delegations! That said, we’re very aware that there are still plenty of young Kiwis, especially outside New Zealand’s main centres and universities, that haven’t heard of us. It’s time for that to change – and that’s where you come in!
We think you might be a PR or marketing student looking for a rewarding volunteer role while you study, or a young professional keen to give back to the charity sector.
What’s in it for you?
– The opportunity to accelerate the growth of an exciting young charity
– The ability to work with highly motivated and talented young leaders
– The chance to contribute to an organisation making tangible positive change in young Kiwis’ lives!
We get excited about ideas that work toward:
– Redefining leadership as a skill area everyone can embrace and develop, rather than as something only for those few that our society names as ‘leaders’
– Encouraging young people to think critically about the world and their values, and how those values interact with their identity and their plans for their futures
– Creating trajectory changing experiences that have the potential to drastically impact young people’s future contribution to our world and to New Zealand.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter through to [email protected] by midnight, 31 January!
If you have any questions about this role, give Rachel a call on 021 068 1230.
332 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here