Part-Time Marketing and Fundraising Executive
A bit about us
We have an audacious goal at Hutt Valley Women’s Refuge – to eliminate family violence in all its forms and grow stronger families. The work we do extends beyond that of providing immediate refuge for those in crisis. Whilst providing a Safe House is one of our core kaupapa, we also provide a variety of services and social commentary around family violence. We do this in partnership with third party agencies and the wider community with the room to do so much more. This is where you come in.
About the role
We are looking to reinvigorate our footprint in the community, increasing awareness of our services, volunteering opportunities and fundraising efforts. We envision this being achieved through a combination of new marketing initiatives, leveraging existing relationships and building new networks. As a not-for-profit there will be challenges to achieving everything we want on our list. This is where your creativity and natural talent for fundraising will help drive these initiatives forward. Ultimately, this will move us closer to our goal of eliminating family violence in the Hutt Valley.
This is a flexible FTE job-share role, up to 25 hours per week.
The role includes:
As an experienced marketing and fundraising professional, you will collaborate and work as a team to deliver the marketing strategy and fundraising targets. An overview of your role could include:
- Grant writing, application processing and reporting management.
- Event management, including running our Annual Appeal and other fundraising events.
- Developing and implementing all aspects of marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Ownership of our brand assets and social media presence.
- Content management including copy, proofreading, and editing for all marketing channels.
- Measuring the success of our campaigns with a continual eye on areas for improvement.
- Manage relationships with head office and external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programmes.
- Conduct market research and identify trends to weave into future marketing activities for HVWR.
Who are you?
With a tertiary qualification in Marketing or Communications you will have previously delivered to a marketing and communications strategy. In short, you will be comfortable with all the things listed above. Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, Meta Business Suite and Campaign Monitor (or similar) are a bonus.
Ideally you will have worked within an NGO environment with some understanding of working with victims of family violence. You will naturally have a solution-based approach to problems along with follow through and taking accountability for your own actions. Influencing and negotiation skills will be critical to ensure we can achieve our strategic priorities to help positively raise our profile. Given the nature of our work, a high level of discretion and the utmost level of privacy and confidentiality is a must.
We are energised and ready to put in the hard yards to move from being the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff to the fence at the top. In addition to rewarding work, with the ability to make a real difference we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements with opportunities to WFH.
- A serious focus on your wellbeing which includes an annual paid wellness budget and decompression time.
- Training opportunities and career progression.
- A free ticket to our annual Arty Party fundraiser.
So, if you’re looking for something that makes a real difference in the lives of those in need and you’re up for a new challenge we’d love to hear from you.
364 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here