Full-Time Marketing and Communications Manager
If you’re passionate about diversity and representation in the entertainment industry for underrepresented groups then this is your chance to make a difference!
Standard salary levels at Narrative Muse:
Junior – $70k
Intermediate – $80k
Senior – $90k for full time (pro rata available)
Executive – $100k
Our wages are on an equitable pay scale across our all standard company functions with pay increases for each year of service.
Perks: Employee stock options
Hours: 30 – 40 hours per week, flexible hours
Intended Start date: Role available now
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Flexible work locations including remote work/work from home and co-working at the startup hub GridAKL in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland
Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Participation in an intercultural program co-designing equitable systems within our company and communities – includes regular leadership, equity and intercultural training
Bonus: Taking part in a global community that loves books, movies and TV
Narrative Muse is a purpose-led startup that’s building and strengthening connections between underserved communities and content producers for better representation across the entertainment landscape.
We do this by matching audiences with personalized book, movie, and TV recommendations (all of our content is by or about women and gender-diverse people) based on users’ taste, identity, and how they want to feel. Then, using insights, we’ll soon enable publishers and producers to find, engage with, and produce best-selling content for these underserved audiences
About this Communications and Marketing role
If you’re passionate about diversity and representation in the entertainment industry for underrepresented groups, particularly those in Aotearoa New Zealand, then this is your chance to make a difference!
You will help shape the external comms and marketing of a startup delivering on a purpose-led mission. And you’ll get to geek out on books, movies and TV while you do it.
We are looking for a communications and marketing person to oversee our newsletters, social media campaigns, audience engagement, and other comms! Because we are a small startup, this role will not only take hold of the steering wheel behind the organization’s public microphone, it will also co-create company processes and priorities. You will work with the guidance of a senior marketing strategist to execute company vision, with the independence to utilize your own creativity and expertise.
If you love keeping up with international publishing and screen industry news, if you have your finger on the pulse of women and gender-diversity in entertainment, if you love striking the perfect balance between listening and speaking, if you have a desire to work collaboratively, imaginatively, interculturally, and playfully, and are up for pitching in to help others with strategic work, you’ll be a perfect fit.
You will also have the chance to take part in a systems change and culture-building strategy. Every week, with the help of a long-term intercultural facilitator, you’ll work collectively with the core team to unpack cultural system frameworks and learn to design more equitable systems within our organization.
Narrative Muse is committed to working with and for people across gender and sexuality spectrums, with varying disability experiences, and from all cultural, racial, and religious backgrounds. We particularly encourage folks from historically excluded groups to apply.
We are seeking candidates based in Aotearoa New Zealand.
We’re looking for someone to join us to:
- Strategize, co-create, and execute communications, posting calendars, user growth goals and partnership development (with support and leadership from a senior marketing strategist)
- Maintain, grow, and broaden our social media accounts and online presence (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Medium, Tiktok, etc)
- Create content (paid ads and organic posts) for various platforms including written copy, graphics and videos
- Track and report analytics
- Write and schedule weekly newsletters and other special email campaigns, and work with leadership and editorial to ideate growth possibilities of newsletters
- Use creative ways to build engagement strategies with our communities
- Be part of a facilitated intercultural program, participate in team and community workshops pertaining to our systems change and culture building strategy.
We really want to meet you if you’re someone with:
- Work experience in social media, external communications, and digital marketing
- Work experience in public relations (or a demonstrated understanding of/ability in PR skills)
- Strong, nimble writing and editing muscles
- Flexibility and a strong desire to learn new ways of building inclusive communities
- Strong understanding of tools and best practices for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Medium, Tiktok, newsletter platforms (we use SendGrid), Google Workspace, Asana, and a desire to learn and grow
- Empathy; awareness of intersectionality at play in stories, headlines, and global events; strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Curiosity and the ability to try things out and learn from both successes and failures
- Some knowledge of JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion) frameworks
- Ability to work in a dynamic, small company and deal with change
- Confidence and excellent collaboration skills
- Desire to co-create JEDI processes with team members and our community. This is an important part of everyone’s role at Narrative Muse
Please apply via workable
In your application materials, please include work samples and/or a portfolio which showcase your work (copywriting, design, and vision) on social media, newsletter, or marketing campaigns. Please include links where possible, or images/screenshots attached to your resume file if no live links are available.
908 total views, 25 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here