Part-Time Finance and Administration Manager
• Lead a small team to deliver high quality financial and admin services
• 25 hours per week (flexible working pattern)
• Based in Church Street, Palmerston North
The Salvation Army Te Ope Whakaora is a world-wide evangelical Christian church and human service provider that assists over 120,000 New Zealanders every year providing a wide range of community services, such as food banks, family stores, early childhood centres and addiction treatment centres.
The Manawatu Business Hub is responsible for providing high quality and effective financial and business administration services to the Corps (churches) in Palmerston North, Dannevirke, Feilding, Whanganui and Woodville.
The Finance and Administration Manager leads a small team and is responsible for monitoring financial results and providing advice and support to the Corps Leaders, managing year end financial tasks, managing the preparation of annual Corps budgets in conjunction with Leaders, overseeing payroll and the accounts payable and receivable processes, providing operational support to Corps Leaders, and overseeing business and financial audits.
You will participate as an active member of the Palmerston North Corps team in meetings and team building events, and assist with events such as the annual Red Shield Appeal and local fundraising events.
This is a busy and varied role, and you will have the opportunity to work with a fantastic group of passionate, talented and highly motivated people.
• Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• A relevant accounting qualification, with experience in a similar role
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated and uses initiative
• A positive, can-do attitude
• The ability to work methodically and systematically with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Analytical and proactively looks to improve operational systems and service delivery
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to display sound judgement
• Strong commitment to delivering excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders
• A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
• A full drivers licence and ideally your own vehicle (you will be reimbursed for any work related travel, which will be bi-monthly visits to each Corps)
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 10 March 2021
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
461 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here