Full-Time Manager – Communication & Engagement
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand’s national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO’s and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
Short summary of role, team and focus of role.
We have an exciting new role to join a recently merged function based in our Wellington office. In this role as the Manager – Communications & Engagement you will be a strong people leader first, with technical communications and engagement expertise. You will report to the Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications & Engagement (MCE) and have approximately eight (8) direct reports.
This position is primarily a people leadership role and will work closely with the members of the MCE leadership team to ensure integrated, joined-up approaches that deliver on the master marketing, communications, and engagement strategy
This role leads a customer-centric team by providing strategic and operational communications and engagement advice across the organisation. The team delivers general communications and engagement services through a portfolio-based approach with each group, providing dedicated advisory support. We are a recently merged function, so this is a great opportunity to shape a developing team.
You’ll be working to ensure your team deliver a high level of consistent and effective communication and engagement advice and support is provided across Stats NZ.
Starting Salary: $ negotiable depending on experience TBC
Mōu | About you
- A tertiary qualification, preferably with a related degree, or equivalent knowledge.
- Seven or more years’ experience as a communications or engagement expert with substantial experience in providing communications and/or engagement within the public sector.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong leadership experience and management background – ability to coach and develop your team.
- Have a thorough and up to date understanding of communications & engagement best practice
- Preferable experience in leading a business portfolio model in communication & engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage across all levels and working, comfortable working in both a non-structured and structured way.
- Able to professionally present sometimes complex information to a range of audiences.
- Proven ability to manage across all levels in an organisation and develop and maintain strong working relationships across an organisation.
- Understands the Treaty of Waitangi’s relevance to own role as a public servant and partnering with iwi-Māori.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, good relationship management practice.
- Ability to lead, guide and support others through best practice stakeholder engagement planning and implementation.
- Strong customer focus with a commitment to finding solutions to customer challenges.
- A proactive and innovative approach – ability to problem solve and think outside the box.
- Desirable: Knowledge and understanding of the public sector environment and the machinery of government, and an awareness of Stats NZ’s purpose and environment.
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- An environment that’s safe, where you can be yourself
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career (coaching culture, study support, secondments, acting up)
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, apply now via our career site!
Any questions that haven’t been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email [email protected]
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on 15 December but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
219 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here