Full-Time Major Donor Relationship Management Specialist
- Newly created role
- Flexible and creative work culture
- Be part of the team ending avoidable blindness and vision impairment in the Pacific
- Use relationship management to find, engage, cultivate and steward gifts of $10k and above from individuals, corporates, Trusts and Foundations.
The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ carries on the work of legendary Kiwi, the late Professor Fred Hollows, who championed the right of all people to high quality and affordable eye care. We work in the Pacific where nine out of ten people that are blind, don’t need to be as their condition is treatable or preventable. We restore sight to the needlessly blind and train local eye health specialists to provide eye care services in their own communities. Fred worked tirelessly to end avoidable blindness and while it didn’t happen in his lifetime, we’re working hard to make it happen in ours. To find out more, visit our website: www.hollows.org.nz
About the role
Reporting to the Fundraising, Communications & Marketing Director, this position is an essential role to our day-to-day operations as we look to grow our major donor income.
This additional Major Donor Relationship Management Specialist will manage their own prospect pool (approx 250) that includes current major donors, donors who have the propensity to make a major gift and is tasked with finding new major donors. This is an integral part of the Engagement team that includes Fundraising, Communications, Marketing, Database Management, Supporter Services and Insight as major gifts is an area of growth for the Foundation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing the donor journey for donors of $10K+, stewarding donors throughout their lifetime of supporting The Fred Hollows Foundation NZ.
- Identifying new prospects for major gifts from individuals, corporates, Trusts & Foundations.
- Managing budgets and reporting on key activities including meetings, proposals and stewardship activities.
- Writing influential copy for proposals and reports that support donor stewardship.
- Working with the Director and Programmes Team to identify projects, services and equipment that would be attractive to donors and meet the needs of The Foundation.
What you bring to the role
This position calls for a fundraising professional with exceptional written and verbal communications skills, someone who enjoys making the ask for support and who understands the value of good stewardship. You will also have:
- A Bachelor’s qualification or
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of major gift fundraising ($10K plus) or sales
- An understanding of Charity Law and the codes of conduct for FINZ (Fundraising Institute of New Zealand), as well as a good working knowledge of the Data Privacy act would be an advantage.
- Experience in writing effective fundraising copy and proposals.
- Budget Management experience including activity reporting, income and expenditure.
- Experience of using RaisersEdge or similar CRM will be advantageous.
- An eye for detail and a passion for developing meaningful relationships that culminate in a request for financial support will be required for this role.
- Confidence to speak publicly at donor functions.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that respects all cultures and different ways of thinking. We foster a healthy, positive and encouraging work environment so that our team reaches their full potential, and has fun along the way.
- Flexible working hours/remote working options
- Complimentary health insurance scheme with Southern Cross
- 10 days sick leave after three months
- Three additional gifted annual leave days between Christmas & New Year’s
- Our central CBD office includes a café, bike storage, end of journey facilities and free mini-gym.
For a copy of the Position Description, or if you have any questions about this role, please contact our recruitment team via email at [email protected]
To apply for this job go to: https://fredhollows.recruitmenthub.co.nz
Applications close 15 July 2022
257 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here