Contract Learning Programme Co-ordinator
Freelance. Working up to 15 hours per week, between April and September 2020
The weekly hours will fluctuate in relation to the flow of the project, so it would be ideal if the candidate could be flexible on hours.
Overview of role:
After the success of Christchurch Stands Tall in 2014, Wild in Art is bringing a second public art event to Christchurch in Spring 2020. A trail of individually decorated sculptures, designed by artists and children, sponsored by businesses, will animate the city, giving residents and visitors a fresh opportunity to discover and delight in all that makes Ōtautahi unique.
We are building a small and agile team, who will work together to deliver this project. We are looking for a Learning Programme Co-ordinator, who will specifically manage the Learning Programme element of the project. The Learning Programme will engage with primary and intermediate schools across Christchurch, enabling them to take part in the event, through designing and decorating a mini-sculpture to be included on the public art trail.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
– Create a database of all registered schools
– Manage payment of registration fees
– Collate all information on schools needed for marketing materials
– Manage feedback and reporting of programme
– With the Event Producer, assist with any fundraising needs
– Send out communications to schools
– Be point of contact for teachers and school staff
– Collate stories from schools, and feed into marketing of project
– Work with stakeholders and sponsors specifically connected to the Learning Programme
– Organise logistics of sculptures being delivered to and picked up from schools
– Create a schedule for deliveries and pick ups
– Liaise with hosts of trail locations
– Oversee installation and de-installation. This will include managing volunteers.
– Assist on the farewell event
– Ensure safe return of all sculptures back to schools
In partnership with sponsors and stakeholders, there may be special events, competitions or activities specifically for participating schools, leading up to and during the trail. Working with the Event Producer, you will help organise and deliver these.
How to Apply
If this looks like a role for you and you would like to know more about the Pop Up Penguins project, please contact [email protected]
528 total views, 17 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here