Full-Time Lead Social Change
We are looking for promising leaders to tackle educational inequality. Work with us to lead the future.
Currently, New Zealand has one of the highest levels of educational inequality in the developed world, ranking 33rd out of 38 in the OECD. Our education system is 4X as likely to fail students from low-income communities. As part of a national movement, we work to disrupt the inequities that exist in Aotearoa New Zealand which mean that, unfairly, some young people are significantly less able to fulfil their potential than others.
One of the ways that we aim to address educational inequality is through our two-year Teaching and Education Leadership Programme, which supports outstanding people to become highly effective teachers and inspirational leaders who make a difference. The Teach First NZ Programme provides carefully selected participants with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a school community, inspiring future generations of New Zealanders to fulfil their educational potential. The Programme is two years long, during which participants are paid a full salary and graduate with a fully-scholarshipped Masters of Teaching and Education Leadership.
At Teach First NZ: Ako Matatupu we are looking for outstanding individuals. Our participants do not start out as qualified teachers – in fact, they come from a range of academic disciplines and backgrounds.
To meet our eligibility criteria you must:
– Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand;
– Not already have a teaching qualification that allows you to teach at a secondary school in New Zealand or received a TeachNZ scholarship in the past;
– Be eligible to teach one of our subject areas: (English, Mathematics/Statistics, Chemistry, Biology, General Science, Physics, Te Reo Maori, A Pacific Language, Digital Technology, Technology).
Are you eligible? Take this quiz to find out: https://bit.ly/2t32T81.
Acceptance into the Teach First NZ programme means that you can:
– Make a real difference in the community and in the lives of our rangitahi
– Be paid a full salary as you learn
– Develop your leadership skills and potential
– Become a qualified teacher with a Masters of Teaching and Education Leadership
– Build lifelong friendships with fellow participants
– Be a part of a national movement towards change
– Access a network of participants, alumni, education leaders and businesses
– Receive a full salary, as well as 10 weeks of annual holiday, and
– Receive a fully funded Masters of Teaching and Education Leadership.
How to Apply
Applications close: Monday 24th June
Phone Interview dates: 26th June – 1st July
Ako Centre dates: 6th – 12th July
Offers communicated by: 16th July
Programme start date: Mid-November 2019
Make 2019 the year you make a difference in the world and change lives, including your own. Learn more: http://www.teachfirstnz.org
Apply online today: http://bit.ly/tfnzapplication
5695 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here