Full-Time Programme Participant | Systemic Changemaker
The potential of young people in Aotearoa New Zealand is limitless. Access to opportunity is not; nor is it evenly distributed. Aotearoa New Zealand has one of the highest rates of educational inequality in the developed world, ranking 33rd out of 38 countries. Our education system is 4X more likely to fail a student from a low-socioeconomic community.
How can you make a difference?
To fight the war against this inequality, we bring together outstanding individuals and support them to develop as highly effective teachers and inspirational leaders, to serve the amazing young people in our lowest-income communities across the country.? ?? In the long term, we build a network of leaders in education and across all fields who are committed to achieving equity in Aotearoa.
The Teach First NZ Programme provides you with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the classroom and wider community. The Programme is two years long, during which participants are paid a full salary and graduate with a fully-scholarshipped Masters of Teaching and Education Leadership.
We are looking for graduates and career changers who DO NOT currently have a qualification in teaching.
Acceptance into the Teach First NZ programme means that you can:
– Make a real difference in the community and in the lives of our rangitahi
– Be paid a full salary as you learn
– Develop your leadership skills and potential
– Become a qualified teacher with a Masters of Teaching and Education Leadership
– Build lifelong friendships with fellow participants
– Be a part of a national movement towards change
– Access a network of participants, alumni, education leaders and businesses
– Receive a competitive salary, as well as 10 weeks of annual holiday, and
– Receive a fully funded Masters of Teaching and Education Leadership
How to Apply
The online application is your first chance to share your story: your experiences, achievements, and motivations for working towards social change in Aotearoa. It should take between 1-2 hours to complete. Applications are currently open for a limited time, with limited spaces remaining.
Make 2019 the year you make a difference in the world and change lives, including your own.
– Learn more: http://bit.ly/teach-lead-change
– Join the movement: http://bit.ly/TeachLeadChangeVideo
– Apply today: http://bit.ly/tfnzapplication
9530 total views, 10 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here