Contract Kaitātari Whakahaere | Operations Analyst 2023 Census
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, race, ability, religion, and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $64,059 – $75,198 negotiable + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- 12 month fixed term contract.
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- An environment where we can all be leaders, where your ideas and input are encouraged
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure)
- Free flu jab, eye tests and subsidized eyewear
- Join various social, network and support groups (toastmasters, multi-cultural, social club)
- City based offices that cater to a variety of working styles and needs
Te tūnga | The role
In your role as Operations Analyst you will report to the Manager, Field Provisioning & Logistics and work in a team to support the implementation of the systems and processes used in the census data collection for field technology, support and logistics. It will require working collaboratively with colleagues and key stakeholders, to ensure that census field staff have the tools and information required. Requirements in your role may change with the needs of the organisation.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- Any information about your knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of Te Tiriti, Tikanga, Te Reo and Te Ao Māori, and engagement with Māori.
- How you’ve demonstrated or encouraged diversity and inclusion in and/or outside of work.
- Examples of strong relationships you’ve built and how and why relationships are important.
- Examples where you’ve demonstrated leadership, e.g. lifted others up, led by example, demonstrated problem solving, owned a project or piece of work, spoken up for yourself or others.
- Examples where you’ve shown curiosity and tried new things, taken on other perspectives, challenged the norm, reflected on your own and other’s behaviours, attitudes or motivations to learn.
- Where you’ve demonstrated customer centricity, everyone is a customer mentality, collaborated with others and invited feedback, spent time with diverse people and communities to broaden your views
- Any experience demonstrating an inclusive and collaborative working style
- Demonstrable ability to learn and understand new concepts as well as communicate the big picture
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and eagerness to work as part of a team
Ko mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We realise we’re asking you to submit a cover letter and CV that encourages you to be you! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. Please reach out to [email protected] to arrange a kōrero (chat) before you apply if that is what you need from this process.
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video. Check out our careers site https://jobs.stats.govt.nz/home to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process
Via our career page
97 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here