Part-Time Kairuruku Kaituao – Volunteer Coordinator
Community Law Wellington and Hutt Valley (Community Law) is a registered charity that provides free legal advice and information to help those who cannot access other legal services. Community Law also provides free legal education and promotes law reform in the interests of its clients. Community Law is governed by a board.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, training and co-ordination of volunteers and for the administration and service delivery of the free legal help drop-in sessions. This role also provides some onsite support to the Te Awa Kairangi volunteer programme.
There are some basic things we require such as great organisational ability and exceptional diplomacy under pressure. But we’re looking for someone who takes day to day challenges in their stride and grasps the bigger picture – the ideal applicant will have:
• Experience working with volunteers
• Understanding of, and ability to apply, the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• A commitment to improving access to justice and using the law to empower our clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to make decisions collaboratively
• A high level of initiative and motivation
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with competing demands
• Working knowledge of the issues facing many groups of people around Aotearoa
• Excellent relationship-building skills.
We pride ourselves on being a fun, flexible and family friendly place to work.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you – then please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
457 total views, 19 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here