Full-Time Kaiako Kōhanga Reo
We are seeking a full-time kaiako who is energetic, capable and willing to work with a small team collaboratively to facilitate learning programmes for our amazing tamariki.
This kaiako superstar will be ready to participate, encourage and enhance all aspects of Te Kaupapa o Te Kōhanga Reo – uplifting Te Reo and Tikanga Māori, with staff management and morale strengths, and the ability to support the overall whanaungatanga and kotahitanga of tamariki, whānau and staff.
Hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am–4pm, at our Tawa kōhanga reo.
Our kōhanga has a beautiful supportive working environment, with a rōpu of incredible tamariki and supportive whānau, all working together to support the health & wellbeing of our kids and learning space.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Proficiency in Te Reo Māori
- Hold Te Tohu Whakapakari (or studying towards) and/or experience working in Kõhanga Reo
- Sound knowledge of Te Whāriki a te Kõhanga Reo and Te Korowai
- Confidence leading a small team of teaching staff and implement a fun, collaborative and proactive learning environment
- Implement various modern and traditional learning experiences for tamariki through daily programme delivery
- Strong creativity & problem solving skills
- Have the ability to plan, evaluate and assess
- Work collaboratively with whānau and provide frequent feedback on tamariki development
- Desire to nurture tamariki in Te Reo Māori within a Tikanga Māori setting, with a strong passion for teaching and learning
- Experience in positive leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competency with Microsoft office, Google and Email.
This is a full-time role, with immediate start for the right candidate.
If you have all or some of these attributes, and an eagerness to work with our tamariki, please get in touch!
If you are interested, or have any questions, please send your CV and cover letter through to [email protected]
- Ngāhauranga kōhanga reo is covered by the Covid vaccination mandate which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated – proof of vaccination will be required
- We may begin shortlisting as we receive applications and could withdraw the advertising at any time
- Successful applicants will be required to complete Police vetting, and first aid training
68 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here