Full-Time Justice campaigner
Campaigner – JustSpeak
Term: Fixed term for 12 months, 0.9 FTE (starting mid/late Feb 2020)
Salary band: $60-80k pro rata, depending on experience
Location: Wellington based preferred, Auckland negotiable.
Reports to: Director of JustSpeak
Want to help us build a justice system based on compassion?
JustSpeak is hiring a justice campaigner to be part of our small but super effective team. We want a passionate and motivated person with experience leading campaign work for social change to help us develop and roll out our campaigns for justice transformation in 2020.
Key focus of JustSpeak’s campaigns
– Raising the voices of Māori, young people, people with lived experience of the justice system and experts in alternative approaches to justice in the debate
– Building public awareness of and support for the alternatives to prisons and punitive justice systems with a blueprint for decarceration for Aotearoa
– Win commitments from Government for investment in the policies and communities that will focus on harm prevention, accountability and healing
– Help to build our network of young people in Aotearoa who are informed and passionate about justice transformation
– Help shape and deliver our campaign priorities for 2020 and bring creative and well-researched ideas to the table
– Work collaboratively with partner organisations, communities and JustSpeak volunteers to develop campaign strategies and actions.
– Develop strong communications, including petitions, press releases, blogs, social media content and letters to decision makers and calls to action
– Stay on top of media and developments in the justice space, nationally and internationally, and keep JustSpeak’s core issues at the forefront of the news cycle
– Lead our work to build public awareness of and support for a compassionate justice system in the lead up to the 2020 election, including candidate forums, party score cards and election events
– Assist with other outreach and coalition building projects as needed, including volunteer training workshops and supporting volunteer projects
Examples of experience sought:
Experience in at least some of the following:
• Community organising – locally, nationally and/or internationally,
• Campaigning strategy – devising strategy, and/or any campaigning workshops e.g. Living Wage Residential Training,
• Developing or lobbying for public policy and/or criminal justice policy,
• Media – PR, digital campaigns, messaging, social media expertise, content management systems and CRM
• Project management – coordinating event logistics, tracking performance indicators
• Te Tiriti o Waitangi – demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles and ongoing relevance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• Te Reo Māori me ona Tikanga – experience in Te Ao Māori
• People skills – managing a team, working collaboratively, understanding and working with people from different backgrounds to your own
2889 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here