Contract IT Support and Development
IT SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT
With over 78,000 members the PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is New Zealand’s largest union and we are still growing. We are a modern, forward-thinking organisation that understands the important role that technology plays in helping us achieve outcomes for our members.
We also know that good people are the key to building our union and that’s why we are looking for a passionate IT professional to further our IT expertise for a fixed-term of one-year to cover parental leave, with the potential for this to be extended.
In this role you’ll be providing second and third level help to IT support services and support to the development and smooth running of PSA databases and other related applications. You will have demonstrated proficiency in coding, and have excellent people and communication skills. You’ll have lots of initiative, be flexible and able to think on your feet, and you’ll have great teamwork skills and a good sense of humour.
For this role you will need:
And knowledge of:
· Current Microsoft Windows software for desktop and server
· Server/PC/laptop hardware
· IP networking including wireless and 4G networking
· Mobile phone technology
· Database management and development
· Application development
· Fault-finding – hardware/software
· Software packages and their interaction
· php and vbscript experience would be an advantage
Your fit with the PSA’s culture is important, and for that you’ll need:
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good team player
· Logical approach to problems
· Good timekeeping and ability to work “out of hours” when necessary
· Flexibility and the willingness to take on other tasks as needed
· Personal values that align with PSA values and kaupapa
· Good sense of humour
The PSA is committed to honouring the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi pursuant to the purpose and objects of the union. Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori will be considered an asset.
The PSA is also an EEO employer.
158 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here