Board position IDYP Māori Engagement Chair
The IDYP network is a reliable leader in the community through which young professionals working, studying, or interested in international development can build their networks, skills, and knowledge in order to contribute to the continued strength of NZ’s ID community.
The role is a voluntary position and is suitable to take on alongside full-time work. You would be working as part of the Board of IDYP which is led by five other young professionals each with different roles.
IDYP is looking for someone who is passionate about international development, is proactive, and a team player. Our Board is made up of young professionals from diverse sectors involved in international development including business, government, and non-government organisations.
Position description for MĀORI ENGAGEMENT CHAIR:
● Show leadership in building relationships of trust and links between IDYP and Māori communities and organizations in Aotearoa;
● Support the IDYP to work effectively with tangata whenua;
● Give advice and support to IDYP on the appropriate use of te reo and tikanga Māori, and other cultural expectations to help IDYP meet strategic plan goals;
● Preferred fluent or semi-fluent speaker of te reo Māori and be comfortable in spaces governed by tikanga Māori;
● Have confidence to empower, guide and lead IDYP through Māori cultural spaces.
All Board members should:
● Be passionate about international development
● Seek new members and work to maintain current membership.
● Be open to input, opinions and new ideas.
● Greet members at meetings and make them feel welcome.
● Prepare for new leaders at end of the term, including reserving ample time for mentoring.
● Recognise fellow board members for achievement and commitment.
Position requires abut 1 hour or less per week, and 4 hours per week for about three weeks if you are leading an event.
771 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here