Full-Time Housing Key Worker
Housing Keyworkers provide wrap around supports to people in need of housing.
Our MissionTogether we stand with those in desperate need. We provide immediate relief and pathways to enable long term well being Street to Home – Housing Keyworker.
The Housing Keyworker works within a multidisciplinary team and engages with people proactively and/or through agency and community referrals. Using your professional experience, you will build trust and rapport, and identify and respond to people’s immediate and long-term needs using a trauma informed and strengths-based approach.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for engaging with clients
- Aligning your practice with the Street to Home service intention and purpose
- Use the Street to Home assessment framework to understand client needs
- Be competent and confident in the delivery of outreach and case-management services to people experiencing homelessness and/or housing instability
- Work professionally maintaining transparency and accountability in all actions and decisions
- Ensure all documentation and Administration is recorded on our client management software, Recordbase
- Build and maintain positive and professional relationships with internal and community stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience working with clients who have complex needs, including trauma, mental health, addiction, poverty and homelessness
- An understanding of and ability to build rapport with clients who have complex needs including trauma, mental health, addiction, poverty and homelessness
- Ability to engage successfully with a range of clients to assist with completing assessments
- Willingness to advocate for improved social conditions and a fair sharing of community resources
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate capability to work cross functionally in a multi-cultural environment
- An aptitude for getting things done through formal and informal channels
- Commitment to embodying the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi in organisational practice
If you are committed to using your skills to help our community, then we would love to hear from you. Auckland City Mission offers broad career opportunities in a supportive environment, including external supervision and opportunities for skill development.
182 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here