Full-Time Health Promoter
Permanent, full time position.
• Outstanding opportunity in Strategic Alcohol Health Promotion
• Make a significant contribution to the reduction of alcohol-related harm in Auckland
The Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) is New Zealand’s largest public health unit, working to promote and protect the health and wellbeing of all people in the Auckland region. We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our health promotion team.
The successful person:
You are an experienced health promoter who is committed to reducing health inequalities and increasing wellbeing for communities. You have successfully built strategic, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and organisations. You have the creativity and confidence to work with people at all levels and bring a strong customer service ethic.
Your abilities in planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion programmes are evident and to top it off you’re proactive, organised and self-managing. If you possess all of these qualities we would like to hear from you.
The role :
Due to internal promotion, we have a 1 FTE position available working in the exciting area of strategic alcohol health promotion. The primary focus is to reduce alcohol-related harm by increasing community action particularly with youth, Māori, Pacific and low socioeconomic communities.
Key objectives include:
• Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders who have an interest in reducing alcohol-related harm.
• Building the capacity of communities and organisations to submit on local, regional and national alcohol policy.
• Leading/contributing to and supporting policy development, submissions and reviews relating to alcohol.
• Contributing to the knowledge base regarding evidence-based alcohol harm reduction measures.
• On-going development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programmes.
In return for your energy and commitment ARPHS will provide a supportive team environment with flexible hours and ongoing professional development including supported tertiary study.
1964 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here