Full-Time Head of Philanthropy and Partnerships
Are you our next philanthropy leader?
Amnesty International is a global movement that mobilises the humanity in everyone so that we can all live with care and respect for each other. Our vision is a world where everyone, everywhere enjoys their fundamental human rights.
Here in Aotearoa, we are a small but dedicated, motivated and fun team. We are looking for a strategic and experienced major donor fundraiser to join us as our Head of Philanthropy & Partnerships to drive our work to inspire and nurture generous individuals, trusts and foundations to give to and support our human rights work.
It’s an exciting time for AIANZ with growing donor engagement and giving in this space. This leadership role within our Engagement Team will focus our energy and momentum to see our high value fundraising reach new heights.
This role will see you work closely with our Fundraising & Marketing Director to set and deliver the direction and strategy for our programmes for major and mid-level individual and institutional donors, and bequests. You will also work closely with our Executive Director and Campaigns Director on developing an impact reporting programme for donors. As a fundraising superstar yourself you will initiate, develop and grow relationships with individuals, trusts and foundations to achieve growth targets. You will put your knowledge and experience with bequest fundraising into action by seamlessly integrating this programme across our activities. To make it all happen you will support, coach and grow your team and the wider organisation to towards (and beyond!) fundraising goals.
You’ll be ideal for this role if you have:
- Experience leading and managing high value fundraising teams.
- A strong strategic mind-set that you have put to use by developing and implementing robust fundraising strategy and plans.
- Experience with establishing impact reporting processes and effectively utilising them for donor stewardship and engagement.
- Proven ability to deliver income targets by successfully lobbying and soliciting donations in the not-for-profit (or as we prefer to say, for-impact) sector from generous individuals and institutional donors.
- Excellent in-depth knowledge and skills of relationship based fundraising.
- Sound leadership skills and high degree emotional intelligence.
- Exceptional storytelling and presentation skills and an all-around excellent way of communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
If this sounds like you, head over to our website https://www.amnesty.org.nz/jobs to find out more and read the full job description.
Equity, diversity and inclusion are very important to us and we welcome applications from different background and circumstances. This role is based in Tamaki Makaurau (Auckland) and envisaged as full-time (40- hours per week). However, there is some flexibility to consider changing the location in future or reducing the hours, depending on the applicant.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience, between $85,000 to $95,000 per annum, full time equivalent based on a 40-hour week. We are people-centred and value the lives our people have outside of work and look forward to talking with you about what flexible working we offer (including the option to work some hours from home) that may fit in with your personal commitments.
To apply, please click on this link to submit your CV and cover letter explaining why you’d be the perfect person for the job, and your preferred number of hours per week: APPLY NOW
Applications close Wednesday 25 May 2022 at 5pm.
Please note: to be considered for this role you must be currently living in and legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
211 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here